I would say that my career in tinkering started early. As a child I was always taking things apart, wanting to know how they work and why they worked. Even my own treasured playstation was fair game to be taken apart and figured out. As I grew up, I naturally I discovered the world wide web and I was astounded. At that point I knew the web would be the new playground to tinker in.
I spent many years in high school wrangling with some pretty terrible table layout style sites. In the early stages of responsive design I was dumb-founded, and headed off to college to learn how to fight hydra of problems that I couldn't find solutions to. During college I learned a lot, and I still learn a lot every day.I think the biggest thing I've learned over my career is realizing that creating websites and applications is not just about my own growth and tool set, but is about using my tool set to help others reach their vision.
Now I am seeking to work freelance with clients again, while looking for a new home to continue to further my experiences. If I sound like the kind of person you are looking for to help on reach your vision please get in touch with me. If you're a potential employer looking for something more longer term please do check out my resume.
September 2011 -
Web Design & Internet Applications Diploma
Attended full time for a wide variety of web related courses.Including: Intro & Advanced HTML, UX/UI design, Intro & Intro & Advanced PHP, Project Management, Adobe Suite, New & Emerging Tech and Database Fundamentals.
September 2006 -
Lindsay Collegiate and Vocational Institute
Took Computer Tech courses all through high school. Gained experience in video editing, hardware replacement & matience, basic trouble shooting
My Development Toolbox
Below are my go to tools for creating sites.
- I enjoy breaking down and solving problems. Exploring solutions is and finding the best fit is second nature to me.
- I am very logic driven, and adhere to guidelines very well. Documentation is very important to me as well.
- Sometimes you need to ask for help, I have no issues with communicating my needs.
- Team player: I really like helping peers and seeing them succeed as well.
- Troubleshooting is an essential skill for any developer.
- Continuous Learner: I usually grasp new things pretty fast and I am always trying new things.
- Strong attention to detail: I am a perfectionist at heart.
- Driven: I enjoy getting things done. Nothing's more satisfying than a freshly launched site.